4 lbs. Brussels sprouts, halved
6 Tbsp. olive oil
Celtic sea salt and pepper
3 cups fresh cranberries
3-4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
1 Tbsp. grated ginger
1 ½ teaspoon orange zest (could also use splash of orange juice)
2 sticks butter
2 Tbsp. chopped shallots or leeks
½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread onto 2 baking sheets.
- Roast 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a saucepan, combine cranberries, maple syrup (or honey,) ginger and optional orange zest. Stir over medium heat until cranberries start to break down.
- In a second saucepan, heat the butter over medium high heat. Stir and continue to cook until butter is a golden brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- When butter is golden, add thyme and shallots.
- Add butter mixture to cranberry mixture.
- Place roasted Brussels sprouts on a serving platter, spoon butter sauce on top and enjoy!
Inspired by www.ohlardy.com