10 cups sweet potatoes, about 3 large, chopped evenly into bite-sized chunks
1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 oz. baby spinach, chopped
½ cup red onion, chopped very small
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 avocado, chopped in chunks
½ teaspoon sea salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Place sweet potato chunks into a large bowl and toss with oil and sea salt.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through, stirring once.
4. Remove from the oven and let the potato cool. This step can be done ahead of time. Roasted potatoes can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 days before completing the salad.
5. Once potatoes are cool, add the chopped spinach, onion, dried cranberries, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir gently. Add cooled sweet potato chunks to the bowl and combine. Gently stir in avocado and sea salt. Add ground pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be eaten cold or at room temperature.
7. Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to two days.
Inspired by Eating Bird Food