4 portobello mushroom caps
2 cups cooked sprouted quinoa
Bone broth (to cook quinoa)
3 Tbsp grass-fed butter
Salsa, tomato sauce, or pesto for topping
Sea salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Cook quinoa in a medium saucepan per instructions on the package, replacing water with bone broth.
3. Clean and dry portobello mushroom caps, scooping out the inside and set aside. Once quinoa is cooked, add butter to the quinoa and combine.
4. Grease a baking sheet or use parchment paper and place mushroom caps with underside facing up. Fill each mushroom with ½ cup quinoa. Top with tomato sauce, pesto, or salsa, and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Cover with foil if the quinoa starts to darken.
5. Feel free to experiment by adding additional vegetables to your quinoa mix such as chopped onions, zucchini, or bell peppers.
6. Season to preference and enjoy!
Inspired by Health by Design