1 pound red apples, diced
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
1 stalk celery
4 shallots, sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
¾ cup walnuts, chopped
1 pound cooked chicken, cubed
Butter lettuce leaves
Chopped walnuts as a garnish
1. Place apples in a bowl with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Allow to sit for 40 minutes.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the celery very thinly. Add celery, shallots, garlic, and walnuts to the apple mixture and stir.
3. Add remaining mayonnaise and blend thoroughly.
4. Add the cooked chicken and mix well.
5. Line a serving dish with lettuce leaves. Pile chicken salad onto lettuce, sprinkle with pepper and garnish with the chopped walnuts.